2013/07/29

Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!

Released on 2012 Jul. 4th. [MV]
Lyric: EDOMETAL, NAKAMETAL / Music: NARASAKI / Arr.: NARAMETAL

In short: A 15 y.o. girl goes to a rock concert. It's a special night of the special age.

Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!! (Headbanger!)

With the legendary black long hair disordered around and gorgeously,
blooming crazy, this flower will soon disappear fruitlessly.

  [Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!
   Bang, bang, ba, bang!]

Now the time has come. I no longer hesitate.
I hold tightly the discount railway tickets.
To the east, to the west, to the south, to the north,
today too I rush to the very front of the stage center.

On the left side, [Come on!] on the right side, [Come on!]
standing up still, leaning back,
jumping toward the stage, [And then!] leaning over the fence, [And then!]
rolling over the mob, [And then!] and then all deeply headbanging.

This special night of my fifteen, I'll never forget.
All the crybabies, get out of here!

With the legendary black long hair disordered around and gorgeously,
blooming crazy, this flower will soon disappear fruitlessly.

It'll never come back again and it's so short period.
I etch in my heart this special night of my fifteen.

I jump lightly and dance in the air.

Headbanger!

  [[Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!]]

  [Head, head, head, head]

This special night of my fifteen, I'll never forget.
All the crybabies, from here dis-ap-pear!

This special night of my fifteen, I'll never forget.
All that disturb us, right now get out of here!

With the legendary black long hair disordered around and gorgeously,
blooming crazy, this flower will soon disappear fruitlessly.

It'll never come back again and it's so short period.
I etch in my heart this special night of my fifteen.

With the legendary black long hair disordered around and gorgeously,
blooming crazy, this flower will soon disappear fruitlessly.

I can never come back to it again and it's so short period.
I etch in my memory this special night of my fifteen.

I jump lightly and dance in the air.

  [Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!
   Bang, bang, ba, bang!]

Headbanger!

  [???Head panic, head panic???]



  ROMAJI LYRIC AND NOTES ARE BELOW.


[i] About the Word "Ichigo"(15)

In Japanese, "15" is usually pronounced as "jûgo" ("jû"+"go" = (1x)10+5 = 15). It is rare to read "15" as "ichigo" ("ichi"+"go" = 1(x10)+5 = 15).

A more used "ichigo" is "一期" (= lifetime / once-in-a-lifetime). It comes from "一期一会" (ichi-go ichi-e) which represents a teaching of a great tea master SEN no Rikyû. He said that you should give respect to your host (or guest) as if the meeting was the once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet each other.

The most used "ichigo" is "strawberry". A dreaming girl has faced the reality and she can no longer dream like before. Such an experience is said to be "horo-nigai" (= bittersweet) or "ama-zuppai" (literally "sweet&sour"). The latter is associated with strawberry and used for less bitter experiences than the former. There is an old-fashioned word "ichigo sedai" (= strawberry/15 generation) which refers to the girls (& boys?) around age 15 associated with such experiences. (There is yet another meaning of the Strawberry Generation in Taiwan.)

It is clear that the lyric writers were thinking of "ichi-go ichi-e" when they read "15" as "ichigo", so I translate "ichigo" to "special". Strawberry is not for sure, but the sweet&sour-ness is characteristic of age 15. (I revised note [i] on 2017 May 20th.)

[i+] About Another "15 no Yoru"

There is a famous song titled "15の夜" (Jûgo no Yoru) sung by Yutaka OZAKI. It says like this:

I start running the motorbike I've stolen, not knowing where to go, just into the dark pall of night.
Disliking to be bound by anyone, I escaped into this night, and I felt I became free.
It was the night in my fifteenth year.

This is his debut single in 1983 when he was 18 y.o. After age 20, he had been struggling to write new songs and died in his 26th year by drug overdose. He has been regarded as a rebelling teenagers' hero, but he also wrote many love songs. His fans admire his lyrics for explaining why they do/did what they do/did, expressing what they can't/couldn't notice by themselves (e.g. "I escaped" above).

Archy san on 2014 Nov. 13th & not a few people think the lyric writers of "Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!" referred to Ozaki's "15 no Yoru". But I don't think the lyric writers are Ozaki's fans because the lyric doesn't express what Ozaki's fans would want to express.

[ii] About the Words "Gyaku-dai", etc. and "Hedobangyaa"

"Gyaku-dai", etc. are used among the fans of "visual-kei" rock bands (they are so called because they all dress up). I didn't know these words and have researched them on the internet, so I'm not so sure. The girl fans of visual-kei are called "bangya" (= band gals), and this is why the title is written as "ヘドバンギャー", i.e. "hedobangyaa" = "headbang" + "band gal".

"Gyaku-dai" (= diving oppositely, contrasted with the diving of the singer into the audience) is the (scheduled) rushing of the audience toward the stage. Typically fans jump up & forward raising one fist up, or instead of jumping, some bend their upper body and pull down the raised fist (thanks to Anonymous san on 2015 Feb. 10th). The fans in the front row lean over the low fence that keeps the audience away from the stage (= saku-dai). Some fans actually jump above the mob. Some fans far from the stage are thrown up and roll forward over the mob (= koro-dai; crowd surfing).

To prevent severe accidents, there are some manners of gyaku-dai. Those who go to the visual-kei concerts should learn them in advance, from their friends, searching on the internet, or from other audience just before the concert.


Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!! (Headbanger! *1)

Romaji LyricEnglish TranslationNotes
 
Densetsu no kuro-kami o With the legendary black long hair2
karei ni midashi disordered around and gorgeously,3
kurui-zaku kono hana wa blooming crazy, this flower4
hakanaku kieru. will soon disappear fruitlessly.
 
  [Hedoban hedoban   [Headbang, headbang,
   hedoban hedoban    headbang, headbang,
   hedoban hedoban.    headbang, headbang!
   Ban ban ba ban!]    Bang, bang, ba, bang!]5
 
Saa toki wa kita. Now the time has come.
Moo mayowa-nai. I no longer hesitate.6
Nigiri-shimeta no I hold tightly
juuhachi-kippu. the discount railway tickets.7
Higashi e nishi e To the east, to the west,
minami e kita e to the south, to the north,
kyoo mo do-sen ni totsugeki. today too I rush to the very front of the stage center.8
 
Kamite   [Koi ya!] On the left side,   [Come on!]9
shimote   [Koi ya!] on the right side,   [Come on!]
chokuritsu-fudoo nokezori standing up still, leaning back,
gyaku-dai   [Kara no!] jumping toward the stage,   [And then!][ii]
saku-dai   [Kara no!] leaning over the fence,   [And then!]10
koro-dai   [Kara no!] rolling over the mob,   [And then!]
oritatami. and then all deeply headbanging.11
 
Ichigo no yoru o This special night of my fifteen,[i]
wasure wa shi-nai. I'll never forget.
Naki-mushi na yatsu wa All the crybabies,
koko kara kie-usero! get out of here!
 
Densetsu no kuro-kami o With the legendary black long hair
karei ni midashi disordered around and gorgeously,
kurui-zaku kono hana wa blooming crazy, this flower
hakanaku kieru. will soon disappear fruitlessly.
 
Moo nidoto modora-nai It'll never come back again12
wazukana toki o and it's so short period.
kono mune ni kizamunda I etch in my heart
ichigo no yoru o. this special night of my fifteen.
 
Hirari chuu ni mau. I jump lightly and dance in the air.13
 
Hedobangyaa!Headbanger!
 
  [[Hedoban hedoban ...]]   [[Headbang, headbang, ...]]
 
  [Atama atama atama atama]   [Head, head, head, head]14
 
Ichigo no yoru o This special night of my fifteen,
wasure wa shi-nai. I'll never forget.
Naki-mushi na yatsu wa All the crybabies,
koko kara ki-e-ro! from here, dis-ap-pear!
 
Ichigo no yoru o This special night of my fifteen,
wasure wa shi-nai. I'll never forget.
Jama o suru yatsu wa All that disturb us,
sokuzani kie-usero! right now get out of here!
 
Densetsu no kuro-kami o With the legendary black long hair
karei ni midashi disordered around and gorgeously,
kurui-zaku kono hana wa blooming crazy, this flower
hakanaku kieru. will soon disappear fruitlessly.
 
Moo nidoto modora-nai It'll never come back again
wazukana toki o and it's so short period.
kono mune ni kizamunda I etch in my heart
ichigo no yoru o. this special night of my fifteen.
 
Densetsu no kuro-kami o With the legendary black long hair
karei ni midashi disordered around and gorgeously,
kurui-zaku kono hana wa blooming crazy, this flower
hakanaku kieru. will soon disappear fruitlessly.
 
Moo nidoto modore-nai I can never come back again to it12
wazukana toki o and it's so short period.
omoide ni kizamunda I etch in my memory
ichigo no yoru o. this special night of my fifteen.
 
Hirari chuu ni mau. I jump lightly and dance in the air.
 
  [Hedoban hedoban   [Headbang, headbang,
   hedoban hedoban    headbang, headbang,
   hedoban hedoban.    headbang, headbang!
   Ban ban ba ban!]    Bang, bang, ba, bang!]
 
Hedobangyaa!Headbanger!
 
  [???Hedopani hedopani ...???]   [???Headpanic, headpanic, ...???]15
 

Notes

  1. At first BABYMETAL official YouTube channel used the notation "Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!" and changed it to "Head Bangya!!" soon after the release of the first album, but it was changed back to the original in the autumn of 2015 (thanks to Anonymous san on 2016 Apr. 19).
  2. The original line has none for "long", but "kuro-kami" (= black hair) is the Japanese traditionally ideal hair and typically long.
  3. "Midashi" (= midasu) means "to disorder". It represents the state of long hair in headbanging. At first I took "scattering gorgeously" but discard it, being afraid that the readers would take the hair fallen out from the head.
  4. There is a word "kurui-zaki" which means "(for a flower) blooming out of season", but 15 y.o. is the season for a girl to bloom.
  5. At first I thought this line is "Kon kon ko kon" (= fox barking) because, at this part of the music video, the long-haired person made the fox signs, but Anonymous san on 2014 May 26 pointed out this line is "Ban ban ba ban", and MOAMETAL clearly said so in the audio commentary on this video, so I've revised the lyrics.
  6. "I've made up my mind." may be better, but there is another expression "kakugo o kimeta" which corresponds exactly to it.
  7. "Juuhachi-kippu" (= 18-ticket) is the ticket for one-day unlimited ride, available in school holidays and not available for the trains requiring the express surcharges. Young Japanese travel with it, changing trains, over 500km a day for Tokyo or elsewhere.
  8. "Dosen" = "do"+"sentâ" = the very center. Using "do-" sounds somewhat vulgar.
  9. "Kamite" & "shimote" (literally "upper" & "lower") mean the "stage left" side & the "stage right" side in this song, but these words are addressed to the audience.
  10. Grammatically "X kara no Y" is "Y after X", so, if "after" is used, the phrase order is reversed: "rolling... after leaning... after jumping...".
  11. "Oritatami" (literally "folding") is a jargon of "visual-kei" fans and means something like "bowing deeply" but not a salutation.
  12. If ignoring the word order and translating literally, this is "I etch in my heart this very short period that shall never come back again, this special night of my fifteen".
        This phrase is repeated three times, and "modora-nai" was slightly changed to "modore-nai" on the third time. "Modore-nai" is the negation of "modoreru" which represents the ability (to come) or something. There is no grammatical subject, but I think "I can't come back to this moment" is better than "this moment can't come back to me". (Appended on 2017 Mar. 17th.)
  13. "Hirari" is an adverb used for a light movement. "Mau" is a verb used for slow dancing and also for flying of butterflies, etc.
  14. Anonymous san on 2014 Mar. 13th pointed out this line is "Atama atama...", MOAMETAL said the same in some video message, and it was so pronounced in some live takes, so I've revised the lyrics and translation though I can't hear it so in the studio take.
  15. I think I hear something other than "hedoban", but I'm not sure if it is "hedopani" (added on 2017 Mar. 17).

48 comments :

  1. Thank you! Thank you very much!
    You ar the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know this can help you.

      Delete
    2. These are such wonderfully, carefully considered translations and notes! Song lyrics must be so hard to translate into a foreign language because they are often incomplete, use slang or obscure idioms. You have done a brilliant job, thank you so, so, so much!

      Delete
  2. いっぱい勉強になりました。
    ありがとうございます。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helps you, but be careful. I don't know "oritatami" etc. exactly. I hear it is easy to see but difficult to explain.

      Delete
  3. Isn't the symbolic meaning of this song about the time between 15 and 18? The 18 ticket being used to freely travel the rails reminds me of adulthood where one is fresh to experience the first year of adulthood.

    For the four years preceding, the youth are at that awkward age where life seem boring and dull, and thus time at school seems longer than after school, be it participating in sports, playing on Nintendo etc.

    I'm not going to read too deeply into this song since the do-sen explanation says enough already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the period is shorter: from when a girl/boy steps into adulthood till she/he knows the darkside of adulthood, from when I began to love a rock band till I knew they were under control of their management office.

      Delete
  4. the middle part actually yell "atama atama atama atamaaaa" then the girls do the big head shake with the crowd. Sometimes they sound like "atama tama tamaaa"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently started to listen to them and they are awesome and your translations are even more awesome and very helpful (I learn a lot with your sidenotes too) Thank you very much for your hard work. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you sure it's "kon kon ko kon"? it would fit to megitsune lyrically, but it doesn't at all here. sounds more like "ban-ban-baban"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your correction. I was not sure but chose "kon" because the long-haired man in the music video made fox signs. However, apparently in some live takes and clearly in the audio commentary, MOAMETAL chanted "BAN BAN BABAN". I will fix it.

      Delete
  7. Thank you very much for your hard work :D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm confused about something with this song, whenever she says kie-usero! they all hold their nose and make a 'bad smell' gesture, and the translation of "...get out of here!" is no indication as to why they're doing that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably it means "I dislike you (= crybabies, disturbers), so I want you to get out of here".
      There is a Japanese word "hana-tsumami" (lit. "nose-pinching") which means a member (of village, school class, etc.) who is annoying to neighbors. But the word is just a metaphor. People don't gesture so, unless he actually stinks.

      Delete
  9. Hello! Thank you for all of your wonderful work! Your translations and footnotes have been very helpful in giving deeper and better understanding of the music and lyrics.

    In the case of Headbanger, there is one lyric that may have another meaning than the translation:

    The lyric 15の夜を忘れはしない

    literally is correct as "This special night of my fifteen, I'll never forget.", but might be a rather obscure reference to another song and performer...

    I believe the songwriter of Headbanger may have been making a reference to Yutaka Ozaki's single from 1984, "15の夜"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu88zx_--wE

    Yutaka Ozaki, and his song 15の夜, are the very embodiment of Japanese teenage rebellion. So it may be that this reference in Headbanger is more an acknowledgement of Yutaka Ozaki and the spirit of teenage rebellion.

    Of course if that is the case, what would be the best English lyric translation without the need for a lengthy biography of Yutaka Ozaki and student misbehavior?

    I guess it would be impossible. But maybe a more abstract translation with a lengthy footnote explaining it. Maybe, "Rebellion rules my teenage spirit!" or "Teen rebellion will always be in my heart!" Pretty lame, I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Give me more time to think about it, please.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the translations. I'm struck by the poetic sense behind what would seem to be a frivolous pop song. "The special night of my fifteen" would be the girl's birthday, I'm guessing. I'm beside myself about this group, they are really something special and original that stands out in a entertainment world of bland conformity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just want to suggest these explanations. I was interested in some of the VK related terms you pointed out and found these. You can ignore if deemed pointless.

    Gyaku-dai: That's when you raise your fist but turn it inside out at the same time and also at the same time you throw your head downwards (like headbanging) and pull your arm down. (http://defectivecoma.livejournal.com/30379.html)

    Video example: http://askabangya.tumblr.com/post/73951243199/furitsuke-pt-4-gyaku-dai-gyaku-dive

    Saku-dai:
    Placing one’s body so it rides on a barrier or partition in the concert hall, the fan then does a “Gyaku-dai”
    (http://babymetal.net/babymetal-cant-words-part-2-baw-booklet-1/)

    Oritatami: you’re headbanging by bending over and straightening up
    Atama: Headbang time. Yelled by singer
    (http://askabangya.tumblr.com/post/89603694450/i-went-to-a-live-a-few-months-ago-with-8-vk-bands)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for explanation. I've revised a bit.
      I've researched "gyaku-dai" again. After all, it seems to mean "rushing toward the stage" in general, but, as you said, the typical pose seems raising one fist up. And, if jumping is impossible or they hesitate to jump, they seem to do what you and babymetal apocalypse (on babymetal.net) explained.

      Delete
  12. about "BAN BAN BABAN",
    Japanese above a certain age will remember immediately this song.
    Of course KOBAMETAL is also the age group.

    http://youtu.be/eFRo72MVL4A

    The Drifters is a famous comedian in Japan.
    And they are also comic band.
    The Drifters has played as the opening act of the Beatles at the Budokan in 1966.
    The Beatles is the first artist performing the concert at Budokan.
    Since then, it is one of the goals to perform a concert at Budokan for Japanese artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for information. But I think "ban ban baban" resembles some anime op songs rather than the drifters' song.
      I mean "Great Mazinger" and "Kotetsu Jeeg". Both are the super robot animes written by Go NAGAI, and both themes are sung by Ichiro MIZUKI.

      Delete
  13. Sure, a lot of people will point out the relationship between the Great Mazinger.

    Great Mazinger
    "DAN DAN DADAN"

    The Drifters
    "BABANBA BAN BAN BAN"

    Neither completely match.
    But The Drifters had very similar dance.
    http://youtu.be/nyHaBgQys34
    0:20〜
    Stretch in front of the left hand, and touch with the right hand in order palm, elbow, and shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Formerly BABYMETAL officials used the notation "Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!" and changed it to "Head Bangya!!"...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just realized something about the original spelling. This is a song about the night of fifteen, and 5(e) + 5(r) +5(!) = 15 = Headbang | eeeee | rrrrr | !!!!! " A bit trivial, but there it is.

    ~ AnonyMetal

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember that バンギャ (from バンギャル) can be used as to mean 'band girl' like a groupie/female fan of a band so maybe they wanted to include that image as a pun

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apparently, the title has been switched back to Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for information. I've revised the note #1.

      Delete
  17. Why I kept hearing
    "Kuro Kami Mo" instead of "Kuro Kami O"?
    Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for late reply.
      It sounds to me as if she often sings the particle "を" not a plain 'o' but something like 'wo'.

      Delete
    2. I see... Thanks Du Enki-san!

      Delete
  18. I'm just curious on your thoughts about who the "crybabies" are? Are they the negative people in her life or people present at the concert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess "crybabies" refers to girls who are not tough, especially those who come (or want to come) to the visual-kei concert but say they can't do gyaku-dai, saku-dai, koro-dai, (moshing, crowd-surfing).

      Delete
    2. Well that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your reply.

      Delete
  19. Hi again Du Enki san,

    this is, I believe, my last question related with the first album. About "ichigo no yoru o", you translate "(this) special night of (my) 15", I was wondering where the 'special' comes from, I know yoru means night, and reading your notes it seems 'ichigo' is an unusual form for '15'. Furthermore, there was the officially titled "Night of 15 Mix" of the song, without the 'special' part. So I'm guessing you added the 'special' to emphasize the idea of the line, but the word isn't literally there. Am I wrong?

    On the other hand, I've read the note [i] several times and I find it quite unclear. It seems I'm the first to notice it (sorry!) but I think it may be clear for English-speaking Japanese or people who have a deep knowledge of Japanese culture but not for us poor beginners :( For instance, you write "there are three ichigo" and then you mention the first one but the other two remain unclear; then the line "...famous as the tea master's word ...ichi-go ichi-e" (who's that teamaster and what does ichi-go ichi-e mean?) and the final line in that paragraph "Most used one is strawberry", I don't understand, do you mean ichi-go may mean 'strawberry'? It seems so because in the next paragraph you suggest strawberry generation and 15 generation is the same. And then in the final paragraph, you write: "It is clear the lyric writer was thinking of "ichi-go ichi-e", and I translated so". Maybe so, but what did "ichi-go ichi-e" mean? It was left unclear...

    Well, I may be the only one who gets confused by that note, and of course I'm sure you always try your best to help us, so it's not like I'm complaining, but I think some revision of the note would be fine ;)

    Thanks as usual for your work and... keep helping in Babymetal's World Domination plan! :D

    Saludos,

    Fernando :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for poor explanation. I will revise note [i]. I wanted to mean that three ichigo are: [1] a rare "ichigo" = 15, [2] a more popular "ichigo" = "single in a lifetime" or "once-in-a-lifetime", and [3] the most popular "ichigo" = strawberry. "Ichi-go ichi-e" comes from Sen no Rikyû, a great tea master. He said "you should give respect to your host (or guest) as if the gathering was the once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet each other".

      There is a line in the song: It'll never come back again and it's so short period. It is the once-in-a-lifetime period for her, but the period is one month long or so and this night is not the only one night, so I translate "ichigo no" not to "once-in-a-lifetime" but to "special".

      A dreaming girl has faced the reality and she can no longer dream like before. Such an experience is said to be "horo-nigai" (= bitter-sweet) or "ama-zuppai" (= sweet&sour), and strawberry is associated with the latter.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for clearing all of it! Specially the last part, I was absolutely scared of even asking about the horo-nigai/ama-zuppai part, because in that part of note [i] I felt absolutely lost! Now I feel like Johnny Cash when singing "I saw the light" haha (this is a big, big thanks!)
      I guessed the teamaster was Rikyû, I've seen a couple of movies about him, but I wasn't sure so I asked. So, the 'special' comes from the ichi-go ichi-e (now I know what it means!) and you used two words for translating one with double (maybe triple) meaning. Well done!

      For revising the note, you could use parts or the whole of this reply itself, this time it's soooo clear! Thank you very much.

      Saludos, take care

      F. :)


      Delete
  20. I wonder if "All the crybabies, get out of here!" is reference to Manowar's Metal Warriors - "Heavy metal or no metal at all! Whimps and posers get out leave the hall"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for information.
      The producer and the composer don't seem to like traditional heavy metal such as Manowar, but I don't know whether the lyric writers do or not.

      Delete
    2. Well, metal bands (especially Manowar ;) ) like to sing praises to their beloved genre. This is probably Babymetal following the tradition.

      Delete
  21. Hi, I really love this blog. It is really helpful to understand the lyrics. As you maybe know, since the song is about a 15 year-old girl, they made new lyrics for the XX Baptism Show. I hope that you upload soon this new lyrics. Thanks again for make this job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me of updating.
      It sounds to me that she only replaced "ichigo no yoru o" (= night of my fifteen) with "hatachi no yoru o" (= night of my twenty) four times.

      Delete
    2. Yes I think, only few times, jeje yep and it's a good note, When I realized listening to the song, I thought What is that? and I didn't know how or where to look for the meaning of "hatachi no yoru o" (because I didn't know that google accepts Romaji xD)

      Delete
  22. どうして黒髪は伝説のですか。意味が何ですか。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some possibilities of why her hair is legendary:
      [1] The past Japanese loved beautiful straight black long hair. If such hair is very rare in present Japan, it is the legendary hair.
      [2] Her hair is already known as legendary because of some episodes that are not told in this song.
      [3] Her hair shall be known as legendary because her tonight's headbanging is so impressive.
      My first-listening impression was [3], but it might be simply [1].

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reply. I need to think about it more.

      Delete
  23. Du Enki-san, in some interview the guitarist of VK band ぞんび Sho says: I always keep in mind to stand straight and not to move.翔:僕は『直立不動』を意識しています. How do you think, this 直立不動 have related with Hedobanger's 直立不動?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those two "chokuritsu-fudo" are of different duration and have little relation: Headbanger's refers to something in the middle of the choreography (or audience's reaction), and its duration is probably a few seconds. The duration of Mr.(Ms.?) Sho's is probably the whole song.

      It is often said that musicians should not count the beats by their feet. Someone explains it is because the foot movement is inaccurate and we cannot rely on it and instead we should feel the beats by our mind and soul. I guess Mr.(Ms.?) Sho may think something like this.

      Delete